Taking Off-Roading to a New Level
The 2021 Hummer EV is packed with cool off-road goodies but there is one, at least for a while, that only Hummer can offer and that’s silence. Imagine tearing across a desert flat or carving up a dune or negotiating a bolder. Now imagine doing those things without the distraction of engine noise. Without the roar of the engine, the experience is more like riding the back of a mountain lion. The only noise is the sound of your vehicle crossing the terrain splattering gravel or splashing through water. It is a whole new off-road experience.
But if that’s not enough for you, how about these slick features:
- e4WD. The Hummer’s 4WD system has a locking front differential while the two motors driving the rear wheels can electronically mimic a locking rear differential.
- Skid Plates. The Hummer’s underside is fully protected with steel skid plates and rock rails.
- Adaptive Air Suspension. No lift kit required. If you need up to 6 inches of additional clearance for crawling a rock or fording a stream, the Hummer’s air suspension system is happy to oblige. The system has four modes, Ingress/Egress, Normal, Terrain, and Extract.
- Crab Mode. If you find yourself “in need of better control in challenging terrain” just push a button and your Hummer can do the mechanical equivalent of a crab walk. A rear-wheel-steering capability allows the truck to move diagonally at slow speeds.
- An 18 Camera System. Sure, why not. Hummer’s UltraVision gives the driver every possible view of the vehicle and surrounding terrain including two mounted under the truck so you can keep track of that boulder you are climbing. These cameras even have a self-cleaning feature to ensure a good picture. Visibility takes on a whole new meaning with UltraVision.
- 35” Tires. The Hummer comes stock with Goodyear Wrangler All Territory Mud-Terrain tires. If that’s not big enough for you, 37” tires are available as a dealer installed option.
The 2021 Hummer EV is going to herald in a whole new off-road experience that the competition is already planning on exploiting. But for those who can afford the $110,000 price tag, you can have that new experience beginning in late 2021.